Monday 16 May 2011

Movie Style

I don't know about any of you out there but sometimes I look forward to seeing a movie just because I know the clothes are going to be spectacular.  Water for Elephants did not disappoint.  Okay, okay...the deliciousness of Robert Pattinson helped in the eye candy department.  But Reese Witherspoon's character's clothes held my full attention even with RPAT on the screen. 

Aargh, I love the style of eras gone by.  You know, when people didn't wear their pyjama's outside!!!

Imagine getting to wear outfits like this just to talk about how you plan on training your elephant? 

Oh and let's just wear a fabulous gown for an after work nightcap.  Or don the matching black satin cape for your romantic escape.

You couldn't wear this dress and not have a fabulous evening.  It's impossible!

There aren't many movies where I geek out over the clothes but this one is definitely in the lead.  Another that comes to mind is Rachel McAdams outfits in The Notebook.  And Michelle Pfeiffer's in Scarface.  And absolutely anything set pre-1900 for that matter.  Oh so many to choose from.  I think it would be fantastic if people dressed up to go out nowadays.  No more sweatpants at the grocery store or at the airport.  Well, a girl can dream, can't she?

~T~


No comments:

Post a Comment